Allentown PA fountain in a oark

Emmaus Area Homes For Sale and Recently Sold

Enter description text here.

Originally settled in the early 1700s by Germans escaping religious persecution. In 1741, the land where present-day Emmaus is located was donated to the Moravians to create a closed faith-based community. Its name was Salzburg until 1761 when it changed to Emmaus. For the next 100 years, it stayed as a closed faith-based community. There are 3 structures from the 1700s and the 1800s that remain standing, all of which are included in the National Register of Historic Places. The Shelter House, built around 1734 is the oldest continuously inhabited log structure in Lehigh County. The Knauss House built in 1777, remained in the family for 158 years. The Kemmerer House was built between 1840 and 1850. Emmaus is fortunate to be located next to the 77.5-acre Dorothy Rider Pool Wildlife Sanctuary on South Mountain started by Leonard Parker Pool (founder of Air Products) and Robert Rodale (Rodale Press).