German farmers established Sellersville between 1720 and 1730. This tract of land was part of 2780 acres deeded to Thomas Freame from William Penn. Abraham Wambold built a home, tannery, and grist mill around 1738 on the bank of Perkiomen Creek. More people were drawn to the area because of the accessibility of these industries. Around this time, Samuel Sellers built a tavern near the center of the village called, “Sellers’ Tavern”. In 1742, stagecoach service was started from Philadelphia to Bethlehem via the Bethlehem Pike. Soon after this, a town started to grow known as Sellers Tavern. The railroad arrived in 1856 which accelerated the town’s growth. The post office changed the name of the town of Sellers Tavern to Sellersville in 1866. The town’s fire department was organized in 1888. In 1904, United States Gage Co. located its factory in Sellersville. Grandview Hospital opened in 1913. Lake Lenape Park opened in 1937.